SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
During the Product Owner/Product Manager training, you will develop skills to deliver customer value by using the activities, mechanisms and tools to manage backlogs and programs. During this two-day course you will develop an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform your role as Product Owner/Product Manager.
The training also focuses on writing Epics, splitting up Epics in Features and Stories. Learn to plan and execute your work in Iterations and Planning Intervals and to work in a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture.
To prform the role of SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, the attendees learn:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Focusing on the added value during PI planning
- Executing a Planning Interval to continuously deliver value
- What the roles of Product Owner and Product Manager entail
- Create an role action plan
During the training the following topics are explained:
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Perform the Planning Interval
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Create an action plan for product owner / product manager
What do you get
This class registration includes:
- Preparation and access to the SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product managers, Product line managers, Product Owners, Business Owners and Business Analysts
- Solution managers, Portfolio managers, Program managers, PMO employees and Process controllers
- Enterprise, System and Solution architects
Knowledge and experience
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, for the SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) certification exam, it is recommended that you have the following knowledge and/or experience: