Leading SAFe (SA)
During this two-day course, you will learn to lead a Lean-Agile organization with the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). An important part of the course are the SAFe principles. These principles are derived from Lean, Systems Thinking, Agile development, product development flow and DevOps. You’ll learn what it takes to develop a Lean enterprise and practice running PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
During this training, you get an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. You’ll develop skills that are in demand worldwide – and enable organizations to succeed in a rapidly evolving market – when you become a SAFe® Agilist (SA).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, the attendees learn:
- Five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the Lean-Agile Mindset values and principles
- Applying the SAFe Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI planning and the events associated with successful Program execution.
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
During the training the following topics are explained:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile leader
- Estabishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing a Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand met DevOps
- Building Business Solutions en Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What do you get
As class registration includes:
- SAFe® Agilist Exam Preparation and Access
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and leaders, managers, directors, CIOs and VPs
- Development, QA and infrastructure management
- Program and Project managers
- Product Managers
- Portfolio managers, PMOs and Process leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution architects
Knowledge and experience
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, for the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam, it is recommended that you have the following knowledge and/or experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum