High performing teams
The road to high-performing teams in product development
In a modern development organisation, teams are the foundation of your organization. Working well together in a team is a huge challenge. Especially when teams are multidisciplinary for the first time. To support each other from different roles you have to step outside your comfort zone.
At the same time, employers are looking for ways to keep their people healthy and engaged, maintain enjoyable work, deliver quality under pressure, and create and sustain a sense of teamwork, even in this era of hybrid work. This is achieved by investing in high performing teams.
From work load to job satisfaction
It may sound like a cliché: “Once you’ve found your passion, work doesn’t drain your energy but instead gives you energy.” We admit that not everyone can turn their hobby into a profession. However, there is a source of truth in this statement. By removing the causes of work load and focusing more on what brings work pleasure, you automatically change people’s experiences, providing them with greater satisfaction and energy from their work. But how do you transition from stress caused by work to enjoying your work?
How do you eliminate the causes of work load?
So to move from work pressure to job satisfaction, you will have to do something about the causes of work pressure. You can eliminate the causes shown beside by doing the following three things:
- Work with stable teams instead of constantly changing project teams. This allows you to build trust and a shared vision.
- Consolidate all the work into a single backlog, prioritize it together, and stick to it. New tasks or disruptions are added to the backlog but not immediately taken up (during a sprint). This provides peace and focus within teams.
- Work with a set cadence and let your teams plan their own work within it. That way you create ownership in the teams and reduce unrealistic deadlines that cause you to have to reschedule.
Focus on what brings job satisfaction
At the same time as removing the causes of workload, it is important to also focus on what gives job satisfaction, under the motto, “What you give attention to, that grows.”
There are four aspects that influence work pleasure within teams, namely:
- Psychological safety
Training for high-performing teams
Are you looking for a way for your team to grow and flourish? Or do you want to enhance technical leadership within your organization? In our workshops, we actively work towards these goals, helping the people in your organization to mobilize, gain insights, and develop real skills and clear agreements.
Workshop: Work load to job satisfaction
With your team, we guide you step by step towards becoming a sustainable, energized team that experiences work pleasure, and that:
- Has an clear overview of the work
- Is resilient as a team
- Experiences (or regains) flow as a team Work start to flow again
- Puts people truly at the centre
- Incorporates learning and improvement as an integral part of their work.
Technical leadership is essential for the success of technical projects and teams. A technical leader is someone who possesses not only technical knowledge and skills but also strong leadership qualities. They are capable of understanding the technical vision and strategy of an organization and translating it into concrete goals and action plans for the technical team. Additionally, they focus on developing and improving daily collaboration within the team and have strong communication skills.