SAFe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
Aligning strategy and execution is critical to the success of any organization and an important aspect of Scaled Agile Framework®. With a Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) approach, you can collaborate across silos, empower teams and organize around value to adapt faster to what customers want.
The two-day Lean Portfolio Management course helps executives, project managers (PMOs), and other key stakeholders to plan dynamically and be flexible enough to adjust initiatives and budgets as the market changes. The LPM course provides the guidance and tools participants need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. You will learn how to connect portfolio strategy and initiatives with work planning and execution, how to integrate feedback from participatory budgeting and how to adapt to change while maintaining your financing vision and roadmap.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Porfolio Manager, attendees learn:
- How to connect the portfolio with the company’s strategy.
- How a portfolio vision and roadmap is drawn up and maintained.
- How Lean budgets and budget bandwidths are determined.
- How to create a portfolio value stream.
During the training the following topics are explained:
- How do I link strategy to execution?
- How do I manage the value stream and solve the ongoing overload?
- How can I finance and manage dynamically?
- How does Lean Portfolio Management fit into SAFe?
What do you get
As class registration includes:
- Preparation and access to the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Access to SAFe ® Collaborate, an online workspace
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and leaders, managers, directors, CIOs and VPs
- Project Management Officers
- Program and Project managers
- Portfolio managers
Knowledge and experience
For participants who want to take the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management certification exam, it is highly recommended to have the following knowledge and/or experience:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI